In which I am the Fool.

Friday, October 23, 2009


I am a little concerned that it may appear that I believe that I am an expert, or that I am trying to set myself up as a teacher. In fact, for most of these cards that I have posted about, I am writing down my own interpretations, researching "book meanings", figuring out what the card means TO ME, and then posting that. I am not an expert, at all- I am just beginning to learn- and the meanings that I am writing down in this blog only scratch the surface.

There are so many possibilities, and many things that I'll never know about tarot. For instance, I will never, ever even try to learn the numerological and astrological associations; I don't have the type of brain that focuses on those things. That's ok; I don't need those things to make the tarot work for me.

Tarot can work for anyone- and that is one of the doors that I was trying to open with this blog. To invite people who are intimidated or don't understand to join me on my voyage of learning.

I am not trying to lead the way, or to teach anything to anyone. I am simply trying to learn, and hoping that I can in some small way contribute to the journey of learning that other tarotists are on- and maybe to welcome new travelers to this road. Like the Fool, I am leaping forward with enthusiasm, not knowing where the path I am on will lead, but excited about the journey.

The image is from The Fairytale Tarot, copyright 2005 Karen Mahony and Alex Ukolov. Image used with permission.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For someone who is just beginning their journey, your'e doing quite well!

xdiminished said...

Don't count yourself out of learning all of those additional connections! I can't wait till I get to branch out to the astrological realm of the tarot. My girlfriend understands more about astrology then I could ever hope to learn, but she has no interest in the tarot. I want to find a way to bridge that gap!

 
Strength and The Star - by Templates para novo blogger