Connection

Saturday, June 5, 2010


I keep talking about my tarot hiatus. In reality, it was more of a spirituality hiatus; I played a lot of video games and did really nothing else.

I'm ok with that. For whatever reason, a period of stasis was what I needed, and I am a firm believer in giving yourself what you need. (Also, I REALLY like video games.)

Coming back to the Tarot, however, has been an interesting experience. I expected to pick up a deck and be able to read with it the same way I could six months ago, and that's just not what is happening. I remember my book meanings, but the connection I had with my cards, the ability to hook into my intuition and see what the cards were really saying, is hard to tap into. It was a climb the first time, and I can already see it's going to be a climb again.

And I don't mind. In my earlier post about apples, I mentioned that I had immersed myself into tarot to the point where I wasn't really paying attention to anything else. I was excited about the journey and the possibilities; I was very much the Fool stepping off into a brand new adventure, never seeing the dangers or day-to-day concerns around him.

This time, I am more grounded and more aware. I am back on track to developing my spirituality, but in a slower, more careful way. More of the Eight of Pentacles in me this time, I think, than the Fool. And it's better, and I am happy with that.

Balance is good.

0 comments:

 
Strength and The Star - by Templates para novo blogger